Saturday, March 20, 2010

NFL Players Tweeting With Each Other

My whole life I've been a diehard sports fan. One of the most memorable days of my entire childhood was getting connected with someone who had an all-access pass to the 49ers player's parking lot. I met Steve Young, Ken Norton Jr., and Jerry Rice. But just seeing and hearing them talk, not even to me, was the coolest thing EVER.

On a different level, I've found the chatter between football players on Twitter to be very intriguing. I wont tell my kids about it, but I definitely find it interesting to see. The conversation that I'm mainly referring to was between the two biggest characters in the NFL: Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens.

These rowdy receivers who come up with touchdown celebrations weeks before they occur, happen to be close buddies now. As a result, now that "T.O." is a free agent, Ochocinco has made it loud and clear that he wants T.O. to be one of his teammates.

I eavesdropped as Ochocinco and T.O. discussed T.O.'s status. Ochocinco asked him "Have you signed on the dotted line yet?" to which T.O. responded "On the flight to Cinci!"

I feel like this eavesdropping gave me inside information that wouldn't realistically be reported on ESPN because nothing actually was happening, just some chatter.

As a sports fan, that's all I need to make my day a whole lot more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment