Monday, March 1, 2010

Connecting With A Classmate's Connection


Lisa Jacobs, one of my APOC peers, recently posted on her blog that her godson had started a company called OrangeSlyce that was basically an "elance.com" for college students who are looking to help small businesses and vice-versa (currently it just consists of ASU kids, although I signed up for it anyway).

Not only do I think this service is of an incredible value to the small businesses looking to "outsource" their work, I think the website is spectacular. So clean and well designed, in fact, that I messaged them and offered my marketing assistance (as they had a posting of their own looking for workers). It turned out that they didn't need my help, however, the CEO Sean Coleman emailed me back, which started an ongoing conversation. Thus far we have discussed marketing strategies, ideas for how I should design a website of my own, and useful resources for each other to use.

I plan to keeping in contact with Sean in the future, and thank Lisa for commenting on her godson's soon-to-be-huge business.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, so glad you were able to make a connection here. Let me know if anything else comes of it or if you need a personal introduction to Ed Kummerer, my godson. I know they have an intern blogging for them, but am not sure how effective she's being. How cool if you find a job in Arizona through this!

    ReplyDelete